Shelter In Place Order Issued At George Washington University Hospital

The Metropolitan Police Department sent shockwaves through the community when they announced on their social media platform that Christopher Haynes had “escaped custody” at the GWU hospital, just after 3:30 PM. The implications were profound, as Haynes, a 30-year-old individual, had been arrested earlier that same Wednesday on charges related to a homicide offense. Follow Our website TheGossipsWorld Media for the latest updates!!!!!

The Police Notice
image source: Fierce HealthCare

The Police Notice

The police notice, although not specifying whether Haynes was armed, advised people not to engage if they encountered him but instead to dial 911 immediately. This simple directive brought a sense of urgency to the situation, heightening the tension and concern among GWU students, faculty, and staff.

The University’s Response

In response to this alarming development, the university promptly sent out text messages to anyone on campus, instructing them to shelter in place. The reason was clear: there was a dangerous individual at large around the campus, and safety had to be the top priority.

As the afternoon turned into evening, the situation remained tense. At 6 PM, more than two hours after the shelter-in-place order had been issued, the university administration sent out additional text messages, confirming that the order would continue. All evening events and activities were canceled, and in-person classes were suspended, with faculty encouraged to teach remotely wherever possible. The message was explicit: avoid the area around GW Hospital.

The Prolonged Shelter-in-Place

The shelter-in-place order, initially issued to protect the GWU community, endured for nearly five hours. Throughout this time, the anxiety among students and staff remained palpable. The uncertainty surrounding Christopher Haynes’ whereabouts only added to the tension. It was a period marked by vigilance and caution.

The Resolution

Finally, around 8:15 PM, the shelter-in-place order was lifted. However, it was crucial to note that Christopher Haynes remained at large. The community breathed a collective sigh of relief as the immediate threat had seemingly subsided, but the apprehension about the escapee’s potential whereabouts persisted.

The Aftermath

The incident at GWU sent shockwaves through the entire Washington, D.C. community. A murder suspect managing to escape custody was a rare occurrence and a stark reminder of the unexpected dangers that can arise even in the most secure environments. It prompted a massive manhunt in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood, as law enforcement agencies left no stone unturned in their quest to apprehend Haynes.

Scott Staffin

Scott Staffin will manage the editorial section in TheGossipsWorld Media. Scott is a passionate about news from the United States.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button