Former champion Ohio State defensive back and beloved high school coach De’van Bogard died in a fire at his apartment in Elyria, Ohio on Tuesday at age 27. Bogard played football at Glenville High School in Cleveland before joining the Buckeyes in 2012 as part of Urban Meyer’s first recruiting class at Ohio State. Smoke and flames were seen coming from the windows at 283 Washington Avenue early Tuesday morning. Interim Fire Chief Joe Pronesti said the fire started near a couch in the living room and that Bogard was likely in the bedroom when he became aware of it before trying to escape.
De’van Bogard Cause Of Death
Bogard’s college career would not go as planned, as three torn ACLs ruined his chances of making a major impact. He still totaled 13 tackles over three seasons as a linebacker and was part of the Buckeyes’ 2014 national championship squad. After graduating from Ohio State, Bogard joined Elyria in 2019 as linebackers under Culliver.A star-wide receiver and safety as a teenager, Bogard was a member of the Glenville High School’s 2009 Division
De’van Bogard Wikipedia, Biography, Age
the fire at 283 Washington Avenue began at 2:21 a.m. Firefighters responding to a call arrived to find fire coming out of the windows. Bogard, 27, was found by firefighters lying inside the building’s door. Elyria interim fire chief Joe Pronesti told the Chronicle the fire was determined to be accidental. Bogard was believed to have been in the bedroom before being alerted to the fire and attempting to escape.
De’van Bogard House Fire Death Video
Bogard played football for Cleveland’s Glenville High School and joined Ohio State in 2012, playing under coach Urban Meyer, Reuters reported. His promising career was hampered by a series of injuries, including a torn ACL. But he was a part of the 2014 team that won the national championship, the outlet said. According to a GoFundMe set up for his family, Bogard was a father who “loved to live life and have fun, wise beyond his years.”
The team is grieving his tragic death. We extend our deepest sympathies to his family and friends,” the statement continued. “We are deeply grateful for the impact he’s had on the football program and its many athletes and students.A man in a neighboring apartment was also injured when he broke the glass to get to the hallway’s fire extinguisher. He was treated at the scene and released. To know more about this topic just stick with TheGossipsWorld.